If any of you were still following me on Twitter, I’d be impressed. I attempted to do the play-by-play of the AHL All Star Game but clearly made a rookie mistake because there are only so many ways you can report 14 goals, but I tried! With this momentous (and I do mean MOMENTOUS) weekend behind me, all that remains are the memories, videos, pictures, autographs… Let’s just say I came away with a lot. If you are ever given the chance to go to an AHL function, go. Just go. It was an amazing experience and if you’re one of those people who’s just hooked on the game in general, you’ll appreciate it.In case you missed any tweets (or my phone died which happened a couple times) here are the highlights:
- Michael Leighton was treated like a superstar
- Bobby Clarke and Bill Barber were coaches… Please and Thank You!
- Some kids were fast, shot hard, passed the puck well, blocked shots, maneuvered pucks, and had accurate shots.
- His name is Ben Bishop and he’s a Goaltending God.
- Players look good in suits.
- Players suck at gambling.
- East vs. West and the West was best (but only by a shoot out)
- Every game needs about 15-20 mascots walking around.
- Mascot Hockey is AMAZING!
- RAY BOURQUE?! WHERE?! OMG!!!!
- …and my pen didn’t work (at least he had a sharpie!)
- Dinner 20 ft from Ray Bourque = awkward
- Guess the accent. (yes, I watch THAT MUCH hockey)
There will be more in depth posts on some/most of these topics but if there’s a post ya just have to have, shoot me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or tweet it : @phaceoffhockey. Pictures to be posted momentarily.